I want you to take a few minutes and think about your morning routine a.k.a habits. What do you do every, single, morning without fail?
Here’s what I do:
- Wake up, take a few deep breaths, stretch a little, and then get out of bed.
- Exercise for 10-15 minutes
- Drink 1 12-oz glass of cold water with lemon
- Make tea (usually oolong)
- Do 1 pull up; Quick clean-up
- Read my personal mission statement and set goals for the day
- Wake up my kids
- Make breakfast and lunch for my kids
- Take my kids to school; listen to music and chat along the way.
- Return home, climb the stairs 5 times, make myself breakfast
This all happens between 6:00 and 9:00 a.m. Monday – Friday. The point is, I’ve implemented some healthy habits into my routine. It wasn’t always like this. And now I’m feeling a lot more energized!
Here are a few suggestions you could sneak into your daily routine:
- Exercise. Nothing fancy. It could be dancing for a few minutes, hula hooping, or whatever. Just get moving for a few minutes to wake up your brain.
- Drink 1 full glass of cold water. You’ve been sleeping a long time. Your body needs hydration!
- Read, listen to, or watch something that inspires you. Keep it brief! Less than 2 minutes.
- Eat breakfast. Your body needs protein in the morning, and throughout the day, to keep you going. You can eat eggs, meat, cheese, drink milk, a protein smoothie (that you make, not something purchased — too much sugar!), nuts — there are lots of sources for protein.
- Meditate for 1-3 minutes before getting out of bed. This could be as simple as focusing on your breathing.
I’m sure that you have other ideas. Share them in the comments!